My husband and I have both been looking for jobs for the past 6+ months. Do you ever feel like you’re cursed? Well, we refuse to accept that. Here are 5 things to do when it seems like misfortune is your best friend:
- Do something that flexes your talents and abilities. Maybe start a blog, find some new recipes or a new biking path. These types of things remind you that your worth isn’t based on just your employment.
- Get outside and see live happening around you. This will help you feel less isolated and move like a part of what’s going on around you.
- Pray and read the Bible. The communication with God and reading what He says about your life will under gird you, especially when you’re feeling void of purpose.
- Involve your friends/family in your struggle. You’re going to need a listening ear, and other people can provide fresh perspective when you’re out of suggestions.
- Keep in mind that it’s likely you won’t have another time in your life to wake up when you want to, work out where you want to, and spend your day how you want to. This WILL end.